All the Players must have Synchronization enabled. In Carousel 7.1+ you can do this by going to Configure > Players > Dashboard. Click on the Edit (pencil) button next to a Player, scroll down to BrightSign Settings, and click “Show Advanced Settings”. Here you can toggle “Enable Synchronization”.
This will force you to reboot the Player.
One Player should be a designated Master Player and the rest will automatically sync with this one. Enter any number between 0 and 127 for Domain and use this same number for all of the Players in the wall. In general, it’s best to toggle and restart the Master Player first so it’s up and running, followed by the rest.
- For each Player in your video wall create a Zone at the dimensions of the screen resolution.
- In Carousel go to the top-right menu > Configure > Zones > Add New Zone.
- For each Player in your video wall, create a Channel at the dimensions of the screen resolution.
- Carousel > Configure > Channels > Add New Channel.
- Add the Zones you created to the corresponding Channels, after you create them.
- Lastly, you will need to tell each of the Players which Channel to play.
- Carousel > Configure > Players > Edit > Default Channel.
- Customers tend to use naming conventions that correspond to the location of the panel in the wall (like Top-Right Channel = Top-Right Zone = Top-Right Player)
After doing this you should have 1 Zone (which has a corresponding Channel) for each Player. All the Bulletins in each Zone should be set to 'Yes' for 'Let the system decide dwell time?' under Manage Bulletins > Edit Bulletin > Extras. Each Zone should have the same number of Bulletins with none repeating (in Extras the toggle for 'Should this bulletin repeat?').
- Images must be the same size and format.
- Videos must have the same resolution, be the same length, and be encoded at a fixed rate. The bitrate should not exceed 25Mbit/s.
- Synchronization is only supported on a local wired network
- We’ve sometimes had luck choosing a different Domain when there seems to be an issue
- All of the Players should be using the same type of SD card (Class 10 is recommended)
- You are limited to a maximum of 128 separate video wall installations on the same Carousel Sever (this is a limitation of PTP Multicast timing).