The process of creating a video wall using Carousel, with BrightSign players, involves 2 parts. Part 1: configuring the BrightSign players to be synchronized together, and Part 2: creating and assigning the channel and zone layouts, in Carousel, to the players.
Part 1: Configure the Players
- Download the Carousel for Brightsign configuration tool from the player setup menu and fill in Server and IP info. Do not write the configuration to the card yet.
- Go to the Synchronization tab.
- Check the box to enable Synchronization.
- Set the unit to be the Master (typically use the top left player, unless another makes more sense).
- Choose a Domain (0-127). This is what will tell the units they are grouped together, so if you have more than 1 video wall they can be controlled independently.
- Now write the configuration to the SD card and complete the process from the Quick Start Guide.
- Perform Steps 1-6 again, but on Step 4 set all other cards to Slaves with the matching domain.
Part 2: Setup Carousel
- For each Player in your video wall create a Zoneat the dimensions of the screen resolution.
- Carousel > Configure > Zones > Add New Zone.
- Again, for each Player in your video wall, create a Channel at the dimensions of the screen resolution.
- Carousel > Configure > Channels > Add New Channel.
- Add the Zones you created to the corresponding Channels, after you create them.
- Lastly, you will need to tell each of the Players which Channel to play.
- Carousel > Configure > Players > Edit > Default Channel.
For more visual information on Part 2, see the Tutorial Videos on our Support page.
You are limited to a maximum of 128 separate video wall installations on the same Carousel Sever (this is a limitation of PTP Multicast timing).