This article is for Pros Only. We will not explain SQL concepts here. If you’re having trouble understanding the concepts, you will need to seek paid assistance from Tightrope Media Systems or one of our qualified installation partners
- Run the Carousel Server software installer on your application server with the REMOTE_SQL=1 flag, typically via Command Prompt.
- This will tell the installer to skip over installing SQL Express, as well as trying to run the SQL scripts.
- Once the installer runs, copy the TRMS\DATABASE\SCRIPTS folder to your SQL server
- Create two new databases on the SQL server, Name one Carousel50 and the other FrontDoor50
- Run the following command in command prompt on the SQL server:"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regsql.exe -E -d FrontDoor50 -A mrp"
- Using a management console or oSql command run the FrontDoor50-PopulateDB.sql script.
- Using a management console or oSql command run the Carousel.sql script.
- Make sure you have a login for the web server that can access the SQL server and both the FrontDoor50 and Carousel50 databases as DBOs.
- Modify the C:\TRMS\Configuration\connectionStrings.config file.
- Reboot the Carousel Server.
- Continue with the Licensing portion of the Carousel Server Installation process.
Example Connection String:<add name="CarouselConnectionString" connectionString="data source=127.0.01;User=myuser;Password=mypassword;initial catalog=Carousel50;" />
Your drive letter may be different depending on the directory chose when installing Carousel.
For information about running the aspnet_regsql.exe command remotely, see this Microsoft ASP.NET article.