Single app mode is a feature built into Apple devices which allow you to limit the devices functionality to a…Single App...and more!
This is a great feature if you use iPads and Apple TVs as single function devices such as digital signage players!
Check out Apple’s documentation on setting up Single App mode and it’s features:
Here are some big friendly screenshots to walk you through setting it up on your devices with Carousel Cloud in just 22 EASY STEPS!
Download and run Apple Configurator 2 from the App store on your MAC.
2. Connect the Apple TV to your computer with a USB C cable:
3. Right-click and select 'Prepare...'
4. Select 'Manual Configuration' and check 'Supervise devices'.
5. Select 'Do not enroll in MDM'.
6. Select an existing organization or make a new one.
7. Select any settings that you want to configure when the Apple TV first boots.
8. Now the Apple TV will prepare and restart.
9. The Apple TV will enter the first boot sequence, pair the remote and continue.
10. Log into your Apple ID and other settings you set in step 7.
11. Launch the App Store.
12. Go to the 'Search'.
13. Search for the 'Carousel Player' app
14. Install the 'Carousel Cloud Player' app.
15. Go back to the main menu and launch Settings.
16. Go down to 'Apps'.
17. Launch the Carousel Cloud Player app and enter in your Cloud URL.
18. Then, either scan the QR code or browse to the URL on the screen to log in to Carousel and enter in the registration code to connect the Carousel player to your Cloud Account. Once registered, the player will begin to show your initial channel and will be available in your player dashboard to manage it's settings
18. Back in 'Configurator 2' right-click, go to 'Advanced' and select 'Start Single App Mode...'
19. Select 'Carousel Cloud Player'.
20. Configurator will turn on single app mode.
21. Tah dah! The Apple TV will now be locked into the Carousel Cloud Player app!
22. To disable single app mode right-click, go to 'Advanced' and select 'Stop Single App Mode'.
That’s it, get back to work!