For a BrightSign player to get connected with BSN.Cloud for the first time it may need to be factory reset.
A couple of notes for Carousel Cloud Customers:
If you factory reset a player that has already been registered with your Carousel Cloud account, you will need to to re-register that player with Carousel before it will display content again. The factory reset process will delete the Carousel Cloud registration token which is stored in the BrightSign’s registry.
If you use either the “Control Button” or “Diagnostic Web Server (DWS)” approaches outlined in BrightSign’s Factory Reset article, be aware that the SD card in the BrightSign needs to be completely empty or the factory reset will not happen successfully with those methods.
Factory Reset Guide
- Unplug the BrightSign player and remove the SD card.
- Insert the SD card into a computer and delete all of the card's contents. Optionally, format the SD card as FAT32 if corruption is suspected.
- Download the autorun.brs file from this link [autorun.brs]
- Insert the SD card into the player.
- Plug the power connector back in.
- After a few seconds the player will display "Deleting Recovery settings" followed by "Settings Deleted. Remove script from flash card, and Restart" at this point unplug the player the remove the SD card again. *
- Follow your preferred BrightSign configuration process.
* If too much time elapses the BrightSign player will apply an internal update and eventually display the BrightSign web setup page. If this happens, just power off the player, and proceed like normal. Do not power off the player if the internal update has started, wait until the web setup page is loaded before powering off.